Hands-on time: 15 minutes; Total time: 35 minutes.
◦ 1.5 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
◦ 1 red jalapeno pepper or serrano chili, halved and sliced (seeded, if desired)
◦ 3 tbsp. canola oil
◦ 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
◦ Kosher salt and black pepper
◦ 1 tbsp. honey (optional)
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts, jalapeno, oil, ginger, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until the Brussels sprouts are golden and tender, 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with the honey and toss to coat.
*Excerpted from Real Simple magazine.